Laredo Contractors Insurance
The Construction Insurance You Need Fast, Cheap & Easy!
From Laredo Workers’ Compensation Insurance to General Liability, Commercial Auto Insurance & More! We Are Your Easy & Stress Free Construction Insurance Provider in Laredo, TX!
Business Insurance for Contractors in Laredo
As a contractor in Laredo, it is important to have the right insurance coverage to protect your business and employees. This article discusses several types of insurance that may be relevant for contractors in Laredo, including contractor’s general liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, commercial auto insurance, builder’s risk insurance, inland marine insurance, and commercial umbrella insurance.
These types of insurance cover a range of risks, including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, medical expenses, lost wages, vehicle damage, construction site damage, and liability protection.
By understanding the different types of insurance available, contractors in Laredo can make informed decisions about the coverage they need to protect their business.
Are you a roofer in Laredo, Texas?
Learn about the tailored policies for your roofing business here
Laredo Contractors General Liability Insurance
Contractor’s general liability insurance is a type of insurance coverage that protects contractors from financial loss due to third-party claims of bodily injury, property damage, and personal and advertising injury. It is often called “slip and fall” insurance because it covers injuries on a contractor’s property.
Some of the things that a contractor’s general liability insurance may cover include the following:
- Bodily injury: This covers medical expenses and lost wages for anyone injured on the contractor’s property.
- Property damage: This covers damage to someone else’s property caused by the contractor’s work or the contractor’s employees.
- Personal and advertising injury: This covers defamation, invasion of privacy, and other personal injury caused by the contractor’s advertising or business practices.
Laredo Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Workers’ compensation insurance is a type of insurance that provides financial benefits to employees who are injured on the job. It is required by law in most states, including Texas, and it covers medical expenses, lost wages, and other benefits for employees who are injured while working.
Some of the things that workers’ compensation insurance may cover include:
- Medical expenses: This covers the cost of medical treatment and rehabilitation for an injured employee.
- Lost Wages: This covers a portion of the employee’s lost wages while they cannot work due to their injury.
- Disability benefits: This covers ongoing benefits for employees unable to return to work due to their injury.
Laredo Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial auto insurance is a type of insurance that covers vehicles used for business purposes. It is different from personal auto insurance because it provides additional coverage for business-related risks.
Some of the things that commercial auto insurance may cover include the following:
- Liability: This covers damages or injuries for which the business is responsible, including medical expenses and property damage.
- Physical damage: This covers damage to the business’s vehicles, including collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: This covers damages or injuries caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Hired and non-owned auto: This covers damages or injuries while an employee is driving a personal vehicle for business purposes.
Laredo Builder’s Risk Insurance
Builder’s risk insurance is a type of insurance that protects against physical damage to a building under construction or renovation. It covers damages caused by fire, theft, and weather-related events.
Some of the things that builder’s risk insurance may cover include:
- Physical damage to the construction site and materials.
- Loss of income due to delays in construction.
- Extra costs incurred as a result of damages or delays.
- Damage to temporary structures, such as scaffolding or temporary roofs.
Laredo Inland Marine Insurance
Inland marine insurance is a type of insurance that covers property that is transported over lands, such as equipment, tools, and materials. It is different from traditional property insurance because it covers property that is constantly on the move rather than stationary property.
Some of the things that inland marine insurance may cover include the following:
- Tools and equipment: This covers repairing or replacing lost or damaged equipment.
- Materials: This covers the cost of replacing lost or damaged materials while in transit.
- Mobile structures: This covers structures designed to move, such as mobile homes and trailers.
Laredo Commercial Umbrella Insurance / COI
Commercial umbrella insurance is a type of insurance that provides additional liability coverage above and beyond the limits of other liability policies. It is also known as a “commercial excess liability” policy.
A certificate of insurance (COI) is a document that provides proof of insurance coverage. Clients or vendors often must confirm that a business has the necessary insurance coverage in place.
Some of the things that commercial umbrella insurance may cover include the following:
- Liabilities not covered by other policies: This includes claims that exceed the limits of other liability policies, such as general liability or commercial auto insurance.
- Legal defense costs: This covers the cost of legal fees and court costs associated with a liability claim.
Laredo ACORD Certificate
An ACORD certificate is a standardized form used to verify insurance coverage. Insurance brokers and agents often use it to provide proof of insurance to clients or vendors.
An ACORD certificate typically includes the following information:
- Name of the insured.
- Policy limits and types of coverage.
- Policy effective and expiration dates.
- Name of the insurance carrier.
- Policy number.
- Description of the insured’s business.
- Contact information for the insurance broker or agent.
It is important to note that an ACORD certificate is not the same as an insurance policy. It is a summary of the insurance coverage that is in place.
Business Insurance for Contractors in Laredo, Texas
As a contractor in Laredo, Texas, it is important to have the right insurance coverage to protect your business from financial losses. At our firm, we understand the unique needs of Laredo businesses and have carefully designed insurance packages to meet those needs.
Our packages include coverage for general liability, workers’ compensation, commercial auto, builder’s risk, inland marine, and commercial umbrella insurance. Each of these types of insurance has its specific coverage and is designed to protect your business from different types of risks.
In addition to the standard coverages we just touched on, we also offer customized insurance packages for Laredo contractors. These packages may include additional coverage for specific types of risks that are unique to your business.
We encourage you to work with us at our firm to protect your business with the right insurance coverage. Our experienced professionals are here to help you understand your insurance needs and find the right coverage for your business. So, do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your insurance needs and how we can help you protect your business.
If you want to get the best coverage now, from the best carriers and at the lowest price, call us at (866) 225-1950 or click for a free quote. We can assist you and answer all your questions 24/7!
Your Laredo Contractors Insurance Questions Answered
Get answers to your most common questions from Contractors Liability
For General Liability Insurance in Laredo you need $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate almost 100% of the time. 99% of all General Liability policies we sell in Texas are $1,000,000/$2,000,000.
For Commercial Auto Insurance in Laredo you need $1,000,000 CSL meaning $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit for Bodily Injury and Property Damage to the other party combined. To protect your Laredo vehicle you need to have Comprehensive and collision coverage. Commercial Auto Collision Insurance in Laredo, TX covers any collision and Comprehensive Commercial Auto Insurance covers anything but collision.
For Workers Compensation Insurance in Laredo you need $500,000/$500,000/$500,000 in general. This covers your workers in the event of a claim where the owner is liable up to $500,000. In 99% of cases the owner is not liable and coverage for workers compensation is unlimited.
Our customers trust us for great customer service and cost-effective coverage.