Are you an independent plumber, plumbing contractor, or plumbing business in the United States looking for liability insurance? If so, our insurance team at Contractors Liability® is ready to answer some common questions for you and provide you with a free quote as well. We hope the below information proves useful to you whether or not you choose to use our services!
Why Choose Contractors Liability™ for Your Plumbers Insurance?
Plumbers insurance is vital to your business success. When you are a plumber, the general rule of thumb is that you can’t make an offer on a project if you don’t have plumbers liability insurance. Whether you are signing on for a small or large project, chances are that before you arrive on site, the client will ask for proof of insurance. If you have been waiting to get insurance, now is the time to get started with a policy and rate that suits your needs. Here are the answers to the most asked questions about getting plumbers insurance.
What Kind of Coverage Will I Get with Plumbers Insurance?
Plumbers liability insurance is an essential coverage to protect you from financial loss. If an accident occurs and you are held liable for injuries or damages to a third party, insurance will help you cover the costs.
General liability insurance for plumbers generally covers 5 categories of liability:
- Bodily Injury: This will cover you in the case of physical harm to a person at your place of business, or at the client’s site.
- Completed Operations: This will protect you from losses after your business has completed work for the customer. Covering costs like repairing appliances or having wiring installed if something was ruined due to you or your employee.
- Personal Injury: This will protect against the damage of a reputation or rights of a person or business due to libel, slander or invasion of privacy.
- Advertising Injury: This coverage will cover losses that happen due to your advertising whether it be in print, social media or word of mouth. One example of something this would cover is that if your advertisement personally trashes another plumber and they sue.
- Medical Payments: This coverage will cover the expenses of a client or any person injured on your premises up to an amount that has been stated. This is a good coverage to have as the payment is often a goodwill way to prevent a lawsuit.
- Independent Contractor’s Liability: This coverage will protect you and your company from damages or acts that a separate contractor you might hire could do.
Once you have your coverage selected and your policy in place, you need to also be aware that there are three separate categories to damages.
It is these three types of damages that will be paid out by your liability insurance:
- Compensatory Damages: This payment type will cover financial losses of the claimant and any additional monetary loss resulting directly from the claim.
- General Damages: This payment will cover intangible loses such as “pain and suffering” and “mental anguish”
- Punitive Damages: This payment covers any penalties against your business if it has committed a wrongful act in some way.
Get Your Free Plumber Insurance Quote Bellow:
What Happens if One of My Employees Gets Injured on the Job?
If one of your employees get’s injured on the job, plumbers insurance will not cover their injury, medical bills or any of the costs related to getting legal defense. To cover your employees from unexpected accidents you will need to get Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
What Is the Difference Between Plumbers Insurance and General Contractors Insurance?
If you are a plumber, you obviously need plumbers liability because it is specifically tailored for your needs. However, if you are a contractor that hires a subcontractor to do your plumbing, then you need to get insurance specifically for subcontracting. If you are unsure which insurance you need, fill out the form to get a quote or call us now at 1-866-225-1950, so we can help you determine if you need plumbers liability insurance.
How Much is Plumbers Insurance?
Every contractor has different needs and requirements. Once you determine how much insurance you need, you can shop around for the best rates and services for your business. The best way to find out the cost of insurance would be to get a plumbers liability insurance quote.
What Happens if I Don’t Get Plumbers Insurance?
It is an expense, but it is one that needs to be factored into your business because not having it will cost you more in the end. If you don’t have insurance and something goes wrong on a client’s site or with your advertising and you face a lawsuit, you could lose your entire business. No matter what size your business, whether it is just you or you have several contractors that work within your company, you must get plumbers liability insurance. It may seem like a cost that you can’t afford if you are just starting your business, but in reality, it is something that you can’t afford not to have. The long run cost of getting a proper quote and making your payments on time for any policy is going to be cheaper than if you have to pay a claim out of pocket. Also, if you get caught operating without insurance by your local officials, you risk having to pay heavy fines. Do the right thing for you and your business and get set up with plumber’s liability insurance today.
How Can I Get Plumbers Insurance?
You can shop around between different insurance companies to compare for prices and different policies. This will definitely cost you lots of time and energy. However, plumbers insurance is easy to get with ContractorsLiability.com. Once you enter for a quote, we will shop around for the best insurance to meet your needs and your budget. Our service is fast, and we will get a quote back to you within the same business day. Click here to get a plumbers insurance quote.