General Liability Insurance
Are you a contractor or construction business looking for General liability insurance? If so, our insurance team at ContractorsLiability.com is ready to answer some common questions for you and provide you with a free quote as well.
Free General Liability Insurance Quote! Get Yours Now!
“This is a ballpark quote and is subject to application/underwriting review. This is not an offer of insurance in any way.”
General Liability Insurance for Contractors
General Liability Insurance is the best option when it comes to covering your business, your assets, and yourself. This is especially true when you are in business for yourself. This insurance coverage is mandatory in most states, but there is no reason to pay high rates. You are in good hands: General Liability Insurance is one of the things that ContractorsLiability.com does best.
What is General Liability Insurance?
General Liability Insurance covers contractors against claims made by their client or third parties. This is for any damage that may have been caused by the contractor or their employees. Most Contractors are conscientious about safety and their reputation. You usually will (and must) do anything within your power to protect your clients and third parties accidents on your job site.
However, no matter how careful you are, accidents happen. That is the reason why General Liability Insurance exists.
6 Claims Covered by General Liability
Here are some of the types of damage that you are covered by General Liability Insurance and some examples of when you might encounter these types of damages:
1. Bodily Injury:
This protects against certain claims alleging financial loss due to bodily injury arising out of your business operations or products. EXAMPLE: You are installing new flooring in a building and someone entering the building trips over a box of tiles that is left out and is injured.
2. Property Damage:
This covers property damage to your clients property or a third parties property. EXAMPLE: One of your employee’s is installing a new garage door and it collapses damaging a vehicle stored in the garage.
3. Harm to Reputation:
Helps protect your business against certain claims of false arrest, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, wrongful eviction, violation of the right of privacy and more. For instance, you use pictures of a client’s house in your promotional materials without their consent. If they sue your business, you have coverage.
4. Advertising Mistakes:
Helps protect your business from claims if others allege you infringed on their copyrights when advertising goods, products, or services in your advertising campaigns, social media or websites. For example, you use the brand name of a product that you install after talking to the company representative over the phone. You are unaware that they require a written authorization to use their name brand on any media not provided by them. This is a common mistake.
5. Medical Payments:
Helps cover medical costs if someone is injured on your business premises and needs medical treatment. For instance, a client comes to your office to go over some designs. They fall down the stairs, injuring themselves.
6. Damage to Premises Rented to You:
Helps protect your business against certain claims for damage to premises rented to you due to certain types of loss. Here’s an example: you operate a roofing company out of a building you rent. One evening one of the propane tanks you use for torch down roofing is not completely turned off. The vehicle is parked in the garage and the leaking propane causes a fire.
What’s Not Covered
It is important to know what isn’t covered by a General Liability Policy — and what you should do about it. Here are some situations that would not be protected by Contractors General Liability Insurance coverage.
- Employee Injury is covered by Workers Compensation Say you operate a painting business and an employee falls off a ladder while painting the side of a house breaking his arm. This is not covered
- Professional Mistakes are covered by Errors and Omissions Insurance (also called Professional Liability Insurance). This is important coverage for mishaps that may occur as a result of your recommendations in the course of business.
- Auto-related Coverage is covered by Commercial Auto You need to obtain a separate auto policy to cover the vehicles used in your business.
- Punitive Damages: General Liability Insurance policies normally do not pay for punitive damages resulting from a lawsuit.
- Intentional Acts: General Liability Insurance does not cover damages or injuries resulting from intentional acts. For instance if an employee gets mad at customer and throws bricks through a window. Your liability coverage would not cover the damages..
- Your Work: Referred to as the “workmanship or Warranty” exclusion. For instance,you paint a house and a few months later the paint peels off because you used the wrong primer.
Best Rates for Your General Liability Insurance
There are common factors that insurance companies use to determine insurance costs. These are the type of work being performed, the amount of revenue of the company, the number of employees, the amount of coverage requested, the State where the company is located and the prior claims history of your business. Still, this doesn’t mean that you must take the first quote that you get. You should also bear in mind that cheap insurance can be good insurance if you buy from an insurance company who deals with the best carriers.
4 Great Reasons to Choose Contractors Liability
Along with our customer satisfaction guarantee, we:
- Work with A-rated insurance companies, to get you service that you can trust
- Provide you with customer service, tailored to your needs from a licensed insurance agent
- Create a customized General Liability Insurance policy that fits with your needs
- Provide you with the lowest price for the best coverage out of any of our competitors
Call us at (866) 225-1950 for your free 5-minute quote or fill out the form on this page. We can help!