General Contractors Insurance
Are you a general contractor looking for general liability insurance? If so, our professional team at Contractors Liability is ready to answer your questions. We can also provide you with a fast and free quote and have a number of payment options.
Get Your Free General Contractor Liability Insurance Quote Below:
General Contractor Liability Insurance
General liability insurance is the best option for general contractors to cover your business, your assets, and yourself, at a reasonable cost.
Getting contractors the best general liability insurance policy at a low-cost is a specialty at Contractors Liability. We urge all general contractors to have, at a minimum, general liability insurance policy when establishing their contracting business.
In most states, general contractors are required to carry general liability insurance in order to pull a permit or register as a general contractor.
Many clients will not let you start work without a policy, especially on larger projects. These policies also offer you protection from losses if an accident should occur; do not take the risk of not having insurance. You can contact an agent at Contractors Liability to get a policy that is specifically designed to protect your business. General liability insurance is the best choice for all general contractors, and Contractors Liability can help you find a plan that fits with your needs.
General Liability Insurance Cost
It is more difficult to calculate the exact cost of General Contractor General Liability Insurance, because no two General Contractors do exactly the the same type of work and the same amount of work. However, at ContractorsLiability.Com we make sure your liability insurance requirements are being met, so contact us today for a free quote that takes your unique needs in to account. When you contact us we can go about completing your personalized insurance plan.
There are common factors that insurance companies use to determine insurance costs. These are the type of work being performed, the amount of revenue of the company, the number of employees, the amount of coverage requested, the State where the company is located and the prior loss history(ie. Have there been insurance claims in the past 5 years). These are the main factors in how Insurance companies determine your premium.
General Contractor General Liability Rates for $1 Million/$2 Million Policy
|Policy Type||Trade||State||Coverage||Next Insurance||Ace Insurance||Rockingham||PCIC||United Specialty||Shield|
|General Liability||General Contractor||IL||1M/2M||$830||$960||$1,560||$760||$760||No coverage|
|General Liability||General Contractor||TX||1M/2M||$850||$760||$1,240||$810||$660||$890|
|General Liability||General Contractor||CA||1M/2M||$950||$940||$1,750||$760||$830||$1,300|
|General Liability||General Contractor||NY||1M/2M||$1,220||$1,320||No Coverage||$980||$1,150||No Coverage|
|General Liability||General Contractor||CO||1M/2M||$730||$740||No Coverage||$650||$670||No Coverage|
|General Liability||General Contractor||GA||1M/2M||$680||$720||$1,460||$640||$1150||$1,150|
|General Liability||General Contractor||MO||1M/2M||$740||$690||$1,560||$630||$630||$1,230|
|General Liability||General Contractor||KS||1M/2M||$750||$680||$1,540||$645||$590||$1,130|
Annual premium above includes unlimited certificates of insurance.
Rating assumes 150,000 gross revenues for roofing/general contracting with 10% subcontractor costs.
Premium are subject to underwriting approval and financing charges may apply
What does General Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance covers general contractors against claims made by their client’s and/or third parties for any damage that may have been caused by the contractor or their employees. General contractors realize that there are risks associated with the work they do. General contractors take painstaking measures to ensure safety and their reputation. They usually will go above and beyond to protect their clients and third parties from suffering a loss. General contractors know that this is how they can differentiate themselves from their competitors and make the business grow.
No matter how vigilant you are, accidents and losses happen. That is the reason why general liability insurance exists. Here are some of the types of damages contractors experience that are covered by general liability insurance:
- Bodily Injury:This protects against certain claims alleging financial loss due to bodily injury arising out of your business operations or products. EXAMPLE: You are tuck pointing a building and you drop your trowel hitting a person walking below on the sidewalk.
- Property Damage: This covers property damage to your client’s property or a third parties property. EXAMPLE: You are repairing a client’s chimney and it collapses and falls onto the neighbor’s house.
- Harm to Reputation: Helps protect your business against certain claims of false arrest, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, wrongful eviction, violation of the right of privacy and more. EXAMPLE: You use pictures of your work in your promotional materials and inadvertently have images of people in the background and you do not have their consent. They sue your business you have coverage.
- Advertising Mistakes: Helps protect your business from claims if others allege you infringed on their copyrights when advertising goods, products, or services in your advertising campaigns, social media or websites. EXAMPLE: You use the brand name of a product that you install after talking to the company representative over the phone. You are unaware that they require a written authorization to use their name brand on any media not provided by them.
- Medical payments: Helps cover medical costs if someone is injured on your business premises and needs medical treatment. EXAMPLE: The client comes to your shop to discuss a project and an employee does not see her and hits her with a skip loader.
- Damage to premises rented to you:Helps protect your business against certain claims for damage to premises rented to you due to certain types of loss. Example: You operate a General Contracting company out of a warehouse you rent. You have a number of battery-operated tools that you recharge every night. The batteries over heat and cause a fire.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Here are some situations that would not be protected by general liability insurance coverage.
- Employee injuries: Workers’ compensation is the insurance you would need to protect your employees when they are hurt on the job. EXAMPLE: Your General Contracting Company is installing some siding and the employee falls off a ladder while installing the siding breaking his leg. This is not covered
- Professional mistakes: Errors and Omissions Insurance or Professional Liability Insurance. EXAMPLE: General Liability insurance coverage won’t cover a professional mistake, but professional liability will. It insures against mishaps that may occur as you offer your opinion, service or recommendations in the course of business.
- Auto-related coverage: General Liability Insurance coverage does not protect you against auto accidents. You need to obtain a separate auto policy to cover the vehicles used in your business.
- Punitive damages: General Liability Insurance policies normally do not pay for punitive damages resulting from a lawsuit.
- Intentional acts: General Liability Insurance does not cover damages or injuries resulting from intentional acts. EXAMPLE: An employee gets mad at customer and drives a bulldozer into the side of their house, your business liability coverage would not cover the damages if they sue.
- Your work: Referred to as the “workmanship or Warranty” exclusion. EXAMPLE:You put a new roof on a house and do not properly attach the singles. There are high winds 60 days later and half the shingles come off.
Cost Effective General Liability Insurance
It is difficult to calculate the exact cost of general liability insurance because each general contractor has different work schedules and types of project they are working on. Common factors that influence the cost of a liability insurance policy include the type of work performed, revenue, number of employees, scale of coverage requested, location of company, and the company’s prior loss history (ie. have there been insurance claims in the last 5 years).
At Contractors Liability, we make sure your liability insurance requirements are being met with cost effective solutions. We work with top rated insurance carriers to find you the best coverage at the lowest price. Contact us today for a free quote that takes your unique needs in to account.
Why Choose ContractorsLiability.com Over Other Insurance Companies?
There are many insurance agencies out there, and you might be tempted to go with the one you see constantly advertised on the television or even one that is closer to home. However, Contractors Liability is certain that if you want the best policy, you need to work with specialized agents like ours. Along with our customer satisfaction guarantee, we:
- Work with A-rated insurance companies, to get you service that you can trust
- Provide you with customer service, tailored to your needs from a licensed insurance agent
- Create a customized General Contractor General Liability Insurance policy that fits with your needs
- Provide you with the lowest price for the best coverage out of any of our competitors
For more information, contact Contractors Liability for more information or a free 5-minute quote. It is possible to have complete coverage for your roofing business.
For more information, contact ContractorsLiability.com or call us at (866) 225-1950 for a free 5-minute quote.
Get the Ebook Now. Everything you need to know about Contractors Insurance
Why you should choose Us?
Our goal is to be a trusted advisor, deliver great customer service and provide excellent value.