Insurance For Dallas Contractors
The Construction Insurance You Need Fast, Cheap & Easy!
From Dallas Workers’ Compensation Insurance to General Liability, Commercial Auto Insurance, & More! We Are Your Easy & Stress-Free Construction Insurance Provider in Dallas, TX!
Business Insurance for Contractors in Dallas
As a contractor in Dallas, it is essential to have the right insurance coverage in place to protect your business from financial losses. There are several types of insurance that contractors should consider, including general liability insurance, workers’ compensation, commercial auto, builder’s risk, inland marine, and commercial umbrella insurance. Each type of insurance covers different risks and can provide critical protection for your business.
This article will explore the various insurance options available to Dallas contractors and discuss each coverage’s importance. Whether you are just starting in the contracting industry or have been in business for years, it is important to review your insurance needs regularly to ensure that you have the right coverage.
Are you a roofer in Dallas, Texas?
Learn about the tailored policies for your roofing business here
General Liability Insurance for Contractors in Dallas, Texas
General liability insurance is essential coverage for contractors working in Dallas. It protects your business against financial losses resulting from third-party claims of bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury (such as libel and slander). Clients and contracts typically require this type of insurance before work can begin.
Here are some common situations that general liability insurance may cover:
- Accidents on a job site include a worker falling from a ladder or a customer slipping on a wet floor.
- Damage to a client’s property caused by your work or products.
- Lawsuits alleging bodily injury or property damage caused by your business operations.
- Advertising injury, such as copyright infringement or defamation.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance for Contractors in Dallas, Texas
Workers’ compensation insurance is required by law in Texas for businesses with at least one employee. It provides financial assistance to employees who are injured on the job or suffer from a work-related illness. This insurance covers employees’ medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs.
Some of the benefits of workers’ compensation insurance include:
- Protecting your business from lawsuits by injured employees.
- Providing income to employees while they cannot work due to a job-related injury or illness.
- Covering medical treatment and rehabilitation costs for injured employees.
Commercial Auto Insurance for Contractors in Dallas, Texas
You will need commercial auto insurance if you own a vehicle for business purposes, such as transporting tools or materials. This type of insurance covers damages to your vehicle and any injuries or property damage you may cause in an accident.
Commercial auto insurance policies typically include the following coverages:
- Liability coverage: This covers damages or injuries that you cause to other people or their property in an accident.
- Physical damage coverage: This covers damages to your vehicle from an accident, theft, or other events.
- Medical payments coverage: This covers medical expenses for you and your passengers after an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This covers damages or injuries caused by a driver who does not have sufficient insurance.
It’s important to carefully review your business insurance needs and choose a policy that provides the right level of coverage for your business. Our experienced insurance brokers can help you understand your options and choose the best policy for your needs.
Builder’s Risk Insurance for Contractors in Dallas, Texas
Builder’s risk insurance, also known as course of construction insurance, covers damages to a building or other structure while it is under construction. This can include damages caused by weather, accidents, or theft. Builder’s risk insurance typically covers the structure itself and any materials, supplies, and equipment used in the construction process.
Some of the benefits of builder’s risk insurance include:
- Protecting your business from financial losses due to construction delays or setbacks.
- Covering the costs of repairing or rebuilding the structure in the event of damages.
- Providing peace of mind knowing that your construction project is protected.
Inland Marine Insurance for Contractors in Dallas, Texas
Inland marine insurance is a type of insurance that covers the transportation of goods, equipment, and other property within the United States. Businesses that transport goods or equipment over land or water often use it, such as contractors, manufacturers, and wholesalers.
Inland marine insurance typically covers the following:
- Goods or equipment being transported by land, water, or air.
- Property is stored in transit, such as in a warehouse or trailer.
- Tools and equipment used in business, such as cranes, excavators, and power tools.
- Electronic equipment, such as computers and servers.
Commercial Umbrella Insurance for Contractors in Dallas, Texas
Commercial umbrella insurance, also known as excess liability insurance, provides additional liability coverage above and beyond the limits of your other business insurance policies. This type of insurance protects your business from catastrophic losses that could bankrupt your company.
Some of the situations where Dallas commercial umbrella insurance may be useful include:
- Lawsuits resulting from a serious accident or injury.
- Claims for damages that exceed the limits of your other liability policies.
- Defense costs for lawsuits, even if the claims are unfounded.
Clients or contracts may also require a commercial umbrella policy before work can begin. It is important to discuss your business insurance needs with an experienced broker to determine if a commercial umbrella policy is right for you.
ACORD Certificates for Contractors in Dallas, Texas
The ACORD (Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development) Certificate of Insurance is a standard form used to provide proof of insurance coverage. Clients or other businesses often request it to confirm that you have the necessary insurance coverage in place.
The ACORD Certificate of Insurance includes information about the insured business, the types of coverage, the policy limits, and the policy’s effective and expiration dates. It also includes the name and contact information of the insurance carrier and any endorsements or exclusions that may apply to the policy.
Business Insurance for Contractors in Dallas, Texas
If you are a contractor working in Dallas, it is important to have the necessary Texas contractors insurance coverage in place to protect your business. Our firm offers carefully designed insurance packages for specific Dallas businesses, including contractors. Our team can help you understand your insurance needs and choose the right coverage to protect your business. Call us at (866) 225-1950 or click for a free quote. We can assist you and answer all your questions 24/7!
Your Dallas Contractors Insurance Questions Answered
Get answers to your most common questions from Contractors Liability
For General Liability Insurance in Dallas, you need $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate almost 100% of the time. 99% of all General Liability policies we sell in Texas are $1,000,000/$2,000,000.
For Commercial Auto Insurance in Dallas you need $1,000,000 CSL meaning $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit for Bodily Injury and Property Damage to the other party combined. To protect your Dallas vehicle you need to have Comprehensive and collision coverage. Commercial Auto Collision Insurance in Dallas, TX covers any collision and Comprehensive Commercial Auto Insurance covers anything but collision.
For Workers Compensation Insurance in Dallas you need $500,000/$500,000/$500,000 in general. This covers your workers in the event of a claim where the owner is liable up to $500,000. In 99% of cases the owner is not liable and coverage for workers compensation is unlimited.
Our customers trust us for great customer service and cost-effective coverage.