As a plumber or a plumbing contractor, you know that accidents and injuries can occur on the job at any point in time. It doesn’t have to be yourself that gets the injury. It could be a third party or client that experiences the injury or accident. This is never a good thing to experience as a plumber running a business. The biggest question to ask yourself is do you have Plumbers Liability Insurance?
Plumbers Liability Insurance is Recommended
As someone working in someone else’s home or commercial building, you want to make sure the work being done is done properly and to satisfaction. Along the way, there can be complications or accidents while working. If an injury, damage or accident occurs to a third party or client while you’re working on the job, you and your business will be responsible. This is why we see “Caution, slippery floor” signs are out when a janitor or cleaning crew is mopping floors.
Plumbers Liability Insurance is a form of general contractor’s insurance that will cover you under these circumstances:
- Injuries to the body – If a third party or client receives injury at your worksite due to your tools or the work.
- Damages to the Property – During the contracting job, if there are any damages to the property due to the work you’ve done, you’ll receive cover.
- Personal Injury – If the work that you’ve completed ends up causing damages to the company’s or homeowner’s possessions, you’ll receive cover.
- Advertising Injury – A claim against your company taken against a company that causes that company to lose assets.
- Medical Payments – This will cover medical bills of an injured third party or client due to a plumber’s fault.
Plumbing Insurance Can Save Your Business
Acquiring Plumbers Liability Insurance will ensure your business doesn’t receive any major penalties due to an event above. This insurance covers your company. And you will experience relief after one of these events.
Contractors Liability provides Plumbers Liability Insurance to plumbers and plumbing contractors. If you don’t have insurance, please contact us at 866-225-1950!