In most states, contractors are required to have general contractor’s insurance before they start on any job. So it is silly not to have general contractor’s insurance.
So why do people in need of a contracted job need you to have insurance? The fact is that your insurance protects both you and them. In addition, it could be a tell-tale sign of how their company runs. Will you do a good job? Will you cut corners? But mostly, are you doing something to reduce financial loss?
When bad things happen
Are you gambling without having general contractor’s insurance? You’ll be sorry when a problem arises. For example, what happens in the event of injury or other accident on the job?
Here are the consequences:
- Risk of Incurring Huge Losses due to a Lawsuit Increases
- Responsible for any damages you’re liable for if you’re being sued and you lose
- Clients reluctant to hire you
- Bad look for business and can hurt future job opportunities
Get the good things
So let’s look at the benefits of general contractor’s insurance:
- Financial security in your business and personal life
- It will cover the cost of your legal defense in a lawsuit
- Avoid bankruptcy if you are sued
- You’ll meet state requirements
- You’ll get hired!
So, do you need General Contractor’s Insurance?
Independent contractors need some sort of insurance in order to have a successful business on all ends and avoid going under or bankrupt due to lawsuits and legal issues. If you’re a construction contractor, plumber, electrician, carpenter, painter, handyman and repair contractor, carpet cleaner, etc., you’ll absolutely need to have some sort of insurance. General Contractor’s Insurance is something you should acquire.
How you get it
So, you’re choosing the appropriate insurance agency. You should consider the following:
- Consider the Cost of Insurance
- Will the insurance package cover all your company needs?
- Do they have flexibility on different policies?
- What should be included in my insurance policy?
These are all important questions to ask when looking for the right insurance agency. At Contractors Liability, we can help.
If you’re a contractor, don’t hesitate to grab that insurance that you need. Before your next job, contact us at 866-225-1950 today to get the appropriate general contractor’s insurance.