Get the Ebook Now. Everything you need to know about Contractors Insurance
Know how to prevent and manage electrical risks
The US Fire Administration already gave out a list and information on what electricians and others can use to be safe from electrical fire and even from electrocution. Electric shock, explosion, fire and even toxic gases and contaminants released are just some of the risks an electrician can get from electrical installations and work.
These are just simple steps in managing or preventing these risks in a home or where eve an electrician is working:
1. Know and identify what’s wrong- Inspect, observe, in other word, hazard identification.
2. Know the level of the risk given to homeowners and even to yourself as an electrician- conduct a risk assessment
3. Know what needs to be done to resolve the problem- Also called risk control.
4. Review the solutions or plan it out before implementing it to know if it will work or not.
As an electrician or a homeowner you need to ensure the following to manage or prevent the risks:
- Protect all power circuits by proper fuses or circuit breakers.
- Arrange all electrical leads so that it does not get damaged right away and it does not run across the floor or doorways.
- Just in case you have electrical leads in wet areas in your house, make sure these are water proof or designed for wet conditions.
- unplug or disconnect any unsafe equipment even ones that are broken or damaged and only use once it has been repaired by a professional electrician.
- Conduct an inspection regularly and ask help from an electrician to test out your equipment to see if anything is damaged and get it fixed right away to avoid risks.
- Another best thing to do is to be protected by an electrician insurance to avoid getting the liability of financial loos and even the headache of knowing who is responsible of the damages. Before handling an electrical project, get yourself covered. If you don’t have an electrician insurance yet, fill up the instant quote form or call us at 866-225-1950 and we assure you that you will get the best quote out there.